The term ‘clinical research’ describes the investigation of the effects of medicinal products on humans and on disease. One objective of the manufacturers of anthroposophical, homeopathic and herbal medicinal products is to achieve a drug therapy that encompasses the whole human organism and to verify it scientifically.
The ethical, scientific and legal requirements for this research are continuously being updated to reflect current knowledge and they form the basis of the clinical research for our medicinal products.
In association with the research we perform, we perceive the “inviolability of human dignity” as being not merely a passive, protective right but also as promoting an active, autonomous way of life.
Recently completed research projects
– Quality of life, immunomodulation and safety of adjuvant mistletoe therapy in patients with stomach carcinoma – a randomised, controlled pilot study.
– Dose escalation study with an ash-mistletoe extract as an intravesical instillation in patients with superficial bladder carcinoma: an ICH/GCP Phase Ib/IIa study.
– A Phase III, multi-centre, single-arm, open-label study to assess the safety and efficacy of a mistletoe extract (abnobaVISCUM) in malignant pleural effusion.
Current research projects
– Phase III efficacy study on the intravesical instillation of mistletoe extract in superficial bladder carcinoma (TIM).
– The study has been designated a “recommended study” by the Arbeitsgemeinschaft Urologische Onkologie (AUO) [Urological Oncology Study Group] of the Deutschen Krebsgesellschaft e.V. [registered German Cancer Society]
– The effect of mistletoe preparations on the inhibition of dendritic cell maturation.
Detail of an electron microscopic image of liposomes in abnobaVISCUM.